Sunday, April 8, 2012

Second Half of Easter Weekend

Unfortunately I forgot about the whole going to church part of Easter morning, so I did not catch the Manchester United game. The elusive, mythical beast will have to be seen some other time. I do however have my comments on Milan vs. Fiorentina and Arsenal vs. Manchester City.

I find myself very excited about the Serie A league, more so than the Champions League. I don't know if that's taboo to say, but that's my disposition towards things as of now. My favorite teams in Serie A are currently in this order: Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina tied, then Napoli. It was a great game. I really liked Ibrahimovic and Amauri. The Italian league has a completely different feel to it than the EPL does, which makes it fun to watch both play back to back, you are definitely going to be watching two different games and play styles. I was home this weekend so I had the FOX Soccer channel if you didn't catch that earlier, but this means I also took the family TV since it is the largest. My parents sat around and watched some games with me and my mother has now decided that Fiorentina is her favorite team. She definitely made her mind up faster than I did. She also told me to let her know when I decide which EPL team is my favorite so she can cheer for them. In a chain of events, I think the reddit crossover has claimed another soccer fan, possibly two, as both my parents said they will now watch some games now that they know about the channel and we are going to our local team's games this summer.

Next up was the Arsenal vs City game. Going into it, I had my eye on Balotelli as my buddies are obsessed with him. One is a huge Inter fan and is excited that they might obtain him. To me though, excuse my language, the guy game off as a douche. You could tell he knew he was talented and was stuck up about it. That being said it didn't seem like he was trying to use his talents very much. Again I liked both teams, but more than a lot of the other EPL teams I've seen. To keep things consistent in my league analyses, my list of favorites for this league would probably be in somewhat this order right now: Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea, Wolves, Wigan. It was hard to put those first five in an order, Swansea is also just barely outside the top five, but I just can't see myself being for the other two. Which is progress towards the goal of choosing a team.

I would like to take a moment and thank any and everyone that has contacted me or made input. I don't get a chance to thank everyone individually, but I wish I could. I really appreciate the background info, tips, and suggestions I get from everyone, and I would love for you to keep it coming. Tomorrow I'm in class for the first round of EPL games, but I will be watching the following: Aston Villa vs. Stoke and Fulham vs. Chelsea, with a post coming at night. Have a great week, and Happy Easter! He is risen!

1 comment: